Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Project Life Week 2


Hello, hello.  Moving right along with Project Life, I have week 2 to share with you here today.  I am having so. much. FUN with PL!  What was I thinking all these past years not doing it?  If you're taking part, I'd love to see what you're working on so be sure to link me up in the comments section.

Ok, so here's week 2 in video form-




and here is the week 2 spread in photos-


Next up is a layout.  I'm happy to say that in no way is PL interfering with my ability to create regular scrapbook pages.  I like the idea of doing both because I can highlight specific memories on a grander scale when I dedicate an entire layout to them and at the same time, PL allows me to capture so much more than if I were trying to get everything into 12x12 scrapbook pages- would never happen.


Liam's 5th Birthday page was very fun to create.  I used a lot of Simple Stories here.  The edges are sewn together with the exception of the angle.  I used this area to create a pocket of sorts to hold a little glassine bag used for some hidden journaling.


The flair is from October Afternoon and the Good Life sticker from Jillibean.  The glassine bag is held snuggly in place with a Tim Holtz clip.  Here is what the bag looks like when pulled out-



and, here's the little birthday guy himself, mounted on a misted background created with a mask and Tim Holtz color wash in stream.

Phew, long post today.  Thanks for hanging in there with me!  Don't forget to link me up if you're working on PL and enjoy your day!

1 comments:

gale said...

I love the color scheme you're using in those project life pages. The layout is great! That misted background looks fabulous on it!